When life keeps us from sharing our true & honest selves, music can connect us in our purest form. I'll post song & video dedications to friends, family, & followers, & share my own light through the music I love. I look forward to hearing what these songs say to you & which songs release your inner light.





4/29/10

Beautiful X 3

If you're looking for that howling horror show that is James Blunt's "You're Beautiful", keep moving through the blogosphere. You'll find only actual beautiful songs here, not just those that sneak the word in the title, hoping they can fool you.  Britney Spears could sing a song called "I'm a Rocket Scientist", but that doesn't mean she'd actually be one.  Though don't let her fool you, ya'll. She's got some deep though...nah, I can't even lie in blogform very well.  Sigh... Alright, onto this week's "Beautiful" tunes.

Let's get the obvious out of the way, shall we?  Yes, I'm obsessed with both Glee & Christina Aguilera (whose new music video is apparently so hot, it will impregnate you about 1 minute in), so when I heard that Mercedes would sing 'Beautiful' this week, my blog idea was born.  It didn't disappoint, and I watched it with several good friends who also felt the power of finally loving yourself for whoever you are.  And thankfully, now that I watch Glee with friends, I'm not the only one whose eyes get all moist with emotion.  Ahem, here's the Glee version of "Beautiful".

"Beautiful" - Amber Riley

Speaking of good friends, my buddies Miguel & Pablo dragged me out to see the new J.Lo. movie, 'The Back Up Plan'.  I've never been a fan of Ms. Lopez' acting career, but I honest to god enjoyed the heck out of this movie.  As a bonus, there's an awesome song by India.Arie, that's about how beautiful life is, and how many of the worries and concerns we have aren't that big of a deal. It's my new 'start off the day smiling' song, so I wanted to share it.  :)

"Beautiful Day" - India.Arie

The last song might not have beauty in the title, but it screams it in every possible way. And before you judge me when you find out who it is, I'll just stress that this song is so moving, as is this artist's voice, so the fact that he's the hottest thing to ever consume oxygen is merely icing on the cake.  His record label decided he couldn't put his new single out by himself, so they recorded a version with Pat Monahan, who sounds like a monkey receiving a catheter.  So before that atrocious version is released to the radio, I wanted you to hear the original version of "The Truth", which made me cry the first time I heard it, and sometimes still does.  It's by Kris Allen and it's beautiful.  Just like his love for me. Shut up.

"The Truth" - Kris Allen

In summary, you are beautiful, life is beautiful, and Kris Allen is my future life partner.  I'll invite you to the wedding. Shut up.

2 comments:

  1. A pleasure to read, as always. I need to start watching Glee with others too so I'm not just crying alone in my basement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew you were so witty :) seriosuly.not only were those all beautiful (i know, redundant) songs, but i laughed a lot at the post. not a 'laugh at you' kind of laugh, but a 'laugh with you' kind of laugh. as in- when you marry kris allen i'll laugh with you at the world because they didn't believe you.

    ReplyDelete